The FRC Foundation
Since 1848, God has been working in and through the ministries of First Reformed Church. As we continue in another year of vital and vibrant ministry, the FRC Foundation is one means by which we participate in the Kingdom work that is propsering in our community and in the south-Chicagoland region. To read the most recent letter from the church regarding our Foundation, please click here.
Why does our church need a foundation?
Our Foundation provides a way for us to receive and hold gifts for specific purposes. It helps us secure funding for the future. It provides a structure for us to receive and administer estate gifts of cash and property.
It expands our ministry opportunities by providing a systematic way to acquire funds for programs that may not fit into an annual church budget but, if implemented, could have a significant impact in the Kingdom of God.
How will our foundation grow?
Many gifts to our Foundation will be what we refer to as “Planned Gifts.” They will come from:
- Bequests in your Will or Trust
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Trusts
- Recipient of Retirement Assets (IRA)
- Beneficiary of a Life Insurance policy
- Special Gifts during your Lifetime
Your gift to the Foundation will create a lasting legacy. It ensures that gifts to the church will be used to expand ministry and make an eternal impact.
How is our foundation structured?
Gifts may be contributed as “Designated Gifts” or “Undesignated Gifts”.
Designated gifts include five kingdom purpose categories:
- Missions – These gifts will be used to support long-term and/or short term mission activities sponsored by our church.
- Benevolence – These gifts will be used to support local or national disaster relief or other individual benevolence needs.
- Building – These gifts will be used to support capital building projects and non-budgetary repairs of the church.
- Ministries – These gifts will be used for support of special ministry projects that increase the community impact of the church.
- Christian Education – These gifts will be used to supplement the church’s support of Christian education.
Church members may specify any of these funds in their estate plans.
“Undesignated Gifts” will be used to support other purposes as approved by the church’s deacon board.
How can I contribute?
The most foundational principal is that God owns it all. He is the source of everything. We invite you to be a part of the financial principles found in God’s Word.
If you would like to contribute to the Foundation contact our church office at (708) 333-0622. If you have any questions or would like assistance completing your gifting plan, we will put you in contact with one of our financial advisory partners.